The Annual Heart of Gold Triathlon will take place in the City of Timmins on Sunday, July 9, 2017.
The base for the race will be the Gillies Lake Beach and Cul-de-Sac with the out and back bike route along Goldmine Road, and the run portion around Gillies Lake. This year’s race will feature a sprint distance triathlon (individual and relay teams), a Try-a-Tri shorter race, and fun Kids Triathlon.
This event provides Timmins and area residents with an opportunity to take part in the fastest growing sport in North America. It also promotes the Gillies Lake waterfront as an asset to the city.
Participants may enter either as:
- Individual Sprint Distance (16 and over)
- Sprint Distance Team Relay (14 and over – 14 & 15 year olds may only compete in one leg of the relay)
- Individual Try-a-Tri Distance (14 and over)
- Kids Triathlon (individual, ages 8-11)
- Kids Triathlon (individual, ages 12 & 13)
- Individual Duathlon (16 +)
The maximum number of participants is still to be determined.